FABRIC UPHOLSTERY CARE
Posted on February 17 2020
General Fabric Upholstery Care Tips
- Vacuum regularly with a soft upholstery attachment. Dirt combined with body moisture can produce a grime discolouration to the fabric. Vacuuming will also remove grit that can also wear away the fabric.
- When you can, rotate the cushions to even out the wear.
- Use arm caps to help the fabric last longer.
- Follow the upholstery care instructions label attached to the sofa.
- Use a professional dry cleaning service at least once a year to keep the fabric looking good. Leave any removable covers on during cleaning to minimise shrinking.
- Temporary pilling can happen with some fabrics. This isn’t considered a fault and can be removed using a de-pilling machine.
- Don’t place the fabric in direct sunlight or near heaters as they can fade and damage the fabric. Use curtains and blinds to protect your furniture from direct sunlight through windows.
- Don’t pull loose threads, cut them instead